Monday, August 4, 2008

Camp

Camp is over!  It is funny how something you look forward to for so long, something you work so hard to prep for, something that can make such a difference in the lives of my kids can be over so quickly.  
This year was incredible!  We ended up taking 109 kids to camp (one went home on the first day, so we actually had 108 of our Adventure Kidz at the Camp).  We had 26 staffers from Hope as well.  The team of leaders that I had was incredible.  I knew that they were going to be good going in, but they surprised me with their passion for the kids and their willingness to serve.  I can't say thanks enough.
I have already reserved the facility for next year!  Outside of a few difficult moments at the pool, the facilities were great!  The food was good, the beds were soft (Just kidding, they were hard as a rock), and the kids seemed to have a great time.  
I did feel like we learned quite a bit this year. There are some definite changes in store for Adventure Quest next year!  Great job team, I look forward to serving along side of you for many kids camps to come.

1 comment:

Aubrey and Jen said...

Yeeehooo!!! I bet you it was awesome, but I bet you're glad it's over!!! And you came out with two new headsets on top of all that! Sounds like a successful camp!