Thursday, December 18, 2008

Productivity

It is amazing to me the amount of work that can be done in the short window of time before a holiday or a vacation.  I read a study several years ago that was pretty amazing.  Some scientist actually did research on the productivity of employees during the days leading up to a vacation verses the "normal" work days in an employees year.  It was something like 5 times the amount of work can be done in these few days leading up to a vacation.  I can see it in my own life, this week (I am out of the office most of the next two weeks for holidays and vacation): I have gotten kids church written for the next three weeks, done research on some activities we are doing next summer, laid out the new structure for our ministry (when we move into our new facility and totally change the way we do ministry), and had several valuable meetings.  It is crazy how much can be accomplished when it has to be accomplished.

No comments: