Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stress and Excitement!

The last few weeks have been an incredible series of experiences!  Since my last post, our theming has begun.  I will try to get some pictures up in the next few days. All I can say is that it is incredible.  I have thoroughly enjoyed working with PlanitBig .  Chris and Jason our true professionals at their craft, and Hugo and the rest of the team have made things awesome.

We also had a huge weekend last Saturday and Sunday.  My Pastor gave me the opportunity to explain some changes that we are making with our children's ministry.  When I finished, he allowed me to present a challenge to the people of Hope Fellowship for 100 volunteers.  The people of Hope responded well, and we have 65 new volunteer recruits who are in process (I have already had interviews and placed 6 of them).  This will go a long way in helping us prepare for the flood of kids we are expecting to come our way when we have our Grand Opening on April 19th.  

These have also been extremely stressful times for me.  With all that has been going on with the move and completion of the facilities, I have been putting in some long hours and doing a lot of extra work (all of the staff have been spending tons of extra hours here getting ready for the new facility, not just me!) getting things ready to go.  On top of that, the electrical company wired our AV plugs wrong and zapped my church laptop (It had to be replaced) and when they told me that the problem was fixed, I brought my home laptop up here to run the service, and sure enough, ZAP! the problem wasn't quite fixed (the good news is I got two new computers out of the deal, the bad news is a huge headache).

All in all, stress and excitement, I have been able to see God's hand at work in this time of my life.  I am blessed with a wife that understands the seasons of ministry and she knows that thee extra hours away will not last forever.


No comments: