Thursday, May 8, 2008

collision

wow, so I just spent the entire day with a group CP's from around the country.  We were given a task to develop a lesson on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.  (Way to start the group off with a non controversial subject!)  There were thirteen of us and I am pretty sure we had at least 12 different ideas of how we should cover this important topic.  We are all used to doing things a certain way, and we were not so used to sharing that process with others.  I can honestly say that I enjoyed the process, though it was difficult and tedious at times.  Tomorrow is round 2, so it should be interesting to see how things go.  I am finding that this group of leaders is much like any other group of leaders, they are looking for a strong vision and they are ready to run with it when they get it.  It is challenging me to grow, because I know that the ladies and men I get to lead each and every week in Frisco are extremely talented and gifted in their own right.

It has been cool to hang out with some good friends.  I am on somewhat of a Leadership Journey with some great guys from around the country, and 4 out of 5 of us are here this week.  It has been cool to spend time with them and really have a chance to talk.
I still am not sure why I was chosen to be here.  It is definitely another one of those why me moments.

No comments: