Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Exciting Times

Got a chance to sit through 3 incredible meetings today...Normally I am not really fond of meetings. I usually get so antsy that I can't sit still and I end up having to move around or find something else to focus my attention on.  Today was different though.  It began with a meeting of our Adventure Kidz Leadership Team. This is a team that I am forming to help me with the directional Leadership of Adventure Kidz.  We are still forming this team, I have two more positions on the team that I would like to fill, but it is made up of myself, Helen and Jennifer (my Early Childhood Director and Administrative Assistant), Eric (my High Point Guy and Key Director), and Julie (my Girls Ministries Director).  This team challenges me.  I can be "set in my ways" sometimes, and this group is really pushing me to see things through a different perspective.  This week we met to discuss two major events that have happened in the last few weeks, and to look at our 09 calendar.  It was fun to meet with a group that is so committed to the ministry that God has placed them in.
From there, I went directly into our monthly leadership team meeting with the other Pastor's and staff of Hope.  We discussed more of our mission and how we can continue to stay on course.  We also went over the entire calendar for 09.  It is always fun to meet with this group, though sometimes we have issues "staying focused."  There are certainly never any dull moments :)
When we got back to the office after lunch, Helen and I looked at our new Early Childhood Structure.  It was fun to dream a little bit, and look for opportunities to find the "perfect fit" for our leaders.  It is our goal to make sure that every player on our team is in the position to score a big win for themselves and for Adventure Kidz!
I love these crazy times that I find myself leading it.  As stressful as it is, it is so much fun!
-PS

No comments: