Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Two home runs to win the game!

Sometimes I can get a bit discouraged. I am very much the type that wants to see things happen, and see things happen quickly.  I am rarely satisfied with the progress that I see happening, and I am always looking for ways to improve. Every once in a while though, I am reminded by God that things move in His time, and not mine.  Today was a long day, and at times felt like a very tedious day, but I got to see 5 of our girls play a softball game (two games, and all 5 of our girls were on the winning teams (oh yeah, and in the first one, they were down by two in the last inning, and one of our girls hit a home run to make it 2-1 and another one of our girls hit another home run with a girl on to make it 3-2)  it was a ton of fun.)
I am reminded that my job is not the crowd that shows up on the weekends, although that is a big part of what I do, my job is to pastor the individuals, the kids and the team of people who serve those kids.  I love doing what I get to do, and I love the people that God has blessed me with to serve alongside.
Being Just a Kids Pastor is really pretty cool sometimes!

No comments: