Thursday, October 23, 2008

Be Encouraged

Life in ministry can be overwhelming at times.  Right now we have a lot of "irons in the fire" if you know what I mean.  We have our annual Fall Festival this weekend, we are producing about 12-15 minutes of video a week for our kids church service, and oh yeah, we are building a new auditorium, foyer, and kids facility.  I am amazed at all of the things that are going on and going so well.  I think the key is to maintain focus on the task at hand.  It is so easy to feel like you are spiraling out of control. 
Have you ever gone on one of those rides at the fair or at an amusement park that spins you around and around (I use to like those rides, now I guess I am getting too old, because they make me sick!).  I learned a trick when I was younger, if you focus on one thing, and not allow your eyes to see everything else that is going on around you, it is much easier to not "lose your lunch".  It is the same way in ministry I think.  We, as a society (and therefore in ministry) are moving faster and faster.  We have to keep our eyes fixed on the thing right in front of us to make sure we don't "lose our lunch"!
Be encouraged, seasons of life tend to be busier than others, and this is a season that is almost always busy for every kids pastor.

No comments: