Monday, October 13, 2008

rest

Mondays are typically my day off, and today was a great one.  I got up at 5:20 and went for a run (a short one, but at least I am staying faithful, right???)  I then met up with Eric around 5:35 am for a good workout.  After we finished, I went upstairs, showered and went back to bed...but only for a little while.  
Today was fun because Sarah and I took the girls and got Donuts.  Myah experienced her First donut (she is very much like her daddy, she liked it).  We then went to do some shopping for Myah's birthday.  (Sometimes I can not believe how fast my little girls are growing up!!!).
From there, Sarah had a hair appointment and I had the girls for a while.  We had a ton of fun.  
As soon as Sarah got back we left for a Staff vs. Student football game (we won easily)
Finally made it home at around 4:45 and took a nap with MJ for 45 minutes before we were off to the Clanton home for some fun time.  We had a great time.
I usually don't write a whole lot about personal stuff like this, but I am amazed that even though today was non-stop, I feel rested.  It was a great day with family and friends, and I loved every minute of it.
Oh, and now we are watching Monday Night Football and MJ is yelling "GO PENN STEAK, GO PENN STEAK!!!!"  She is a bit confused, but at least she is cheering for a great team!
Rest comes in all forms, todays rest was a bit more active, but it was still really great.

1 comment:

lifengeer said...

This was an excellent post. Thanks Scott. You lead by example.