Wednesday, June 11, 2008

People

I heard a saying once, "If it wasn't for people, the ministry would be a really easy job"!  I can definitely appreciate that sometimes, but lately I think I have come to grips with the fact that we are here first and foremost to help People get closer to God.  I am sometimes easily frustrated by people,  some people are easily offended, some people are over-concerned, some people are "unwise" in the choices that they make, and some people are just plain lost.  I think I had a turning point tonight in my ministry.  I was really frustrated about a situation, and it was almost like a switch flipped and I understood that people are just people, they are going to frustrate you, disappoint you, and sometimes even hurt you, and you have to continue to love them no matter what, because that is what we as Christ-followers are called to do, LOVE GOD and LOVE PEOPLE.
It doesn't take away from the conflict, it just helps me to keep my focus and priorities where they need to be while I am dealing with the conflict.

I had a Pastor tell me one time, the individual is always more important than the ministry.  I think that is what I have to keep in mind.  I have to be worried more about people, as individuals and where they are at in their walk, than I am with moving the ministry from here to there.  I think I lose sight of that pretty often.


No comments: